[Mastwatch] (no subject)

Colin Maycock colin_maycock at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 20:47:05 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I’m in the process of putting together a conference paper for the British Ecological Societies Annual meeting and chasing up Dipterocarp flowering sequences. I’m particularly interested in looking at Dipt species that co-flower (inter genera and among the different sections of Shorea). I have some data for the species in Sepilok, but am interested in getting it for other sites – so if anyone has any data sitting (or knows of any published studies) around that I could use, could you let me know.

The flowering in Sabah has been very disappointing. Flowering has been observed within the Sepilok, Ulu Sapo Payau and the Rafflesia Forest Reserves. However, very few species and individuals are involved.

Thanks

Colin