[Mastwatch] Question from Peter Ashton

Colin Maycock colin_maycock at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 13 18:24:54 PST 2009

Hi Peter,

I will check with Reuben Nilus to see if any of the ecology staff are working in this area, but haven't made it there myself this year.

I will be working in the Crocker Range NP and the Forest Reserves in the western part of Sabah next year, when I start censusing Shorea kudatensis.

We will also be looking for Dipts species from the north Borneo geographical province. As there is a largish group of Dipts that just make it into the Sipitang/Beaufort region of Sabah and like Dipterocarpus lamellatus are now probably locally extinct.

Colin