[Mastwatch] Seed collecting from the 2009/2010 Masting event

Colin Maycock colin_maycock at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 22:04:45 PDT 2010

Hi All,

We (Uni Aberdeen, ETH & FRC) are interested in finding out how well this masting has been utilised for restoration work. I'm interested in compiling data on seed collection efforts throughout the region i.e. species being collected, ballpark figures on number of seeds collected and end use (i.e. restoration, enrichment, etc.). I'm also looking at getting some figures on the size of the problem i.e. total area that needs to be restored/enriched.

I have access to fairly good data on all of this for Sabah, and can probably get for Brunei - so am interested in hearing from people working elsewhere.

Thanks

Colin