[Mastwatch] Bornean masting events date query

Mark Harrison harrison_me at hotmail.com
Fri May 28 17:15:29 PDT 2010

Dear Peter,

Thanks for the reply. Technically, of course, you are right
in that such records on seed presence are needed. However, I am sure that many
observers will not have recorded this and we don’t record this at our peat
swamp site either. Thus, in terms of assessing whether there are any peaks in the
fruiting of certain peat-swamp species known to mast in other habitat types during
Borneo masts, it is really more the timing of ‘raw’ fruiting (and flowering) spikes
that I am interested in. Ideally, it would be good to have both sets of
information.

Best wishes,

Mark
Mark E. Harrison BSc PhD
CBiol MSB
Wildlife Research Group
The Anatomy School
University of Cambridge

Orang-utan Tropical Peatland Project (OuTrop)
Centre for the
 International Cooperation in Management of Tropical Peatlands (CIMTROP)
Universitas
 Palangka Raya
Kampus UNPAR
Tunjung Nyaho
Jl. Yos Sudarso
Palangka
 Raya 73112
Kalimantan Tengah
Indonesia

Tel:
 +62 (0) 81251 017 652
Fax: +62 (0) 535 322 5778 - indicate for my
attention
Skype: mark.harrison1980

Visit our project blog: http://www.outrop.blogspot.com/

"I did so because I know of no pleasure deeper than that which
comes from contemplating the natural world and trying to understand it".
 Sir David Attenborough, 2002

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT - DO YOU NEED TO PRINT THIS
MESSAGE?