[Mastwatch] Casual observations at Gunung Palung

Marco Visser m.visser at science.ru.nl
Tue Aug 16 07:51:39 PDT 2011

Dear Serge and others,

What I can offer is a central location where users can report new masts,
review previous masts and download recorded mast event data. As there seems
to be interest in this I have therefore added some (crude) forms and code
which showcase the functionality of the dataserver. Almost any type of data can
be added it this way.

http://tredd.science.ru.nl:8080

Eventually the server could therefore allow data entry directly on the webpage but
to develop this further I will need the help of the list.

There should be a consensus om what information is useful and needs to be recorded.
Also what is feasible? Issues as data access and rights should also be discussed
(basically should the data have complete open access?).
Any ideas are welcome.

I would also need some descriptive text on the mast-watch initiative
(I have taken some text from the mailing list now) and maybe a relevant picture or two.

When it is up and running also feel free to send me info on new publications relevant
to tree demography and/or phenology and I will post it on the site.

Sincerely,

Marco Visser