[Mastwatch] Mastwatch database

Chuck Cannon chuck.cannon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 14:26:25 PDT 2011

Hello Peter et al.

I don't know if everyone wants to be a part of this discussion but it
does seem like a topic with pursuing.  The phenology data will be
somewhat soft but putting it in a phylogenetic framework would be
useful.  Testing an evolutionary hypothesis about the transition towards
a mast fruiting behavior in the dipts (if that is the direction) would
be insightful and possibly the kind of thing that this data could be
used for.

I would also warn that I think the behavior is probably pretty flexible
and that reproductive behavior in these trees is probably quite
complicated and variable through time and location.

All the best,
Chuck