[Mastwatch] Developing El Nino

Colin Maycock sepilokdata at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 21:58:38 PDT 2012

Hi Shoko,

Thanks for the Lambir update.

Last week - we asked the Beaufort DFO to send his staff to survey the
Dipterocarpus lamellatus in the Sianggau Forest Reserve (western
Sabah, close to Lawas border)  - and at that stage there wasn't any
signs of flowering. But with your info about Lambir starting to show
signs - I will send the Rare and Threatened plant projects RA to have
a look. We are keen on getting seeds for this species as the current
known global population for this tree is 3 adults and about a dozen
juveniles.

Colin

did a quick survey of teh Dipts around RDC and the canopy walkway