[Mastwatch] Big fruitfall at Gunung Palung

Sepilok2010 . sepilokdata at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 16:46:37 PDT 2014

Hi Cam,

Do you have rainfall/temp data for that area?

In Sepilok only the early flowering species (Parashorea spp., S xathophylla
went in a big way with up to 80% of the trees of those species), with most
other species down around the 10% mark or less. In the rainfall/temperature
data for Sandakan - there isn't a pronounced drought signature, but there
is a pronounced reduction in temps - corresponding to the timing of the
polar vortex

I guess I'm wondering if there is enough data around to do a Borneo-wide
assessment of flowering/fruiting intensity - environmental conditions. We
have data for about 5500+ Dipts  from Sepilok for the 2010 & 2014 GF events.

Colin