[Mastwatch] 2014 Mast event study

Ashton, Peter pashton at oeb.harvard.edu
Sat Aug 23 10:17:15 PDT 2014

The problem with this is that, whereas rainfall from a nearby guage on the ground is likely to be fairly reliable, a ground-based tempeature reading, let alone one from outside the forest, is unlikely to accurately let alone consistently reflect canopy temperature - where mass flowering is overwhelmingly concentrated. Replicated canopy temperatures are a vital future research priority.

Peter