[Mastwatch] Shorea albida

Lord Cranbrook lordcranbrook at greatglemhamfarms.co.uk
Fri Mar 21 02:27:36 PDT 2014

I'm not sure which peat swamp area of Brunei was visited by Prof Ferry Silk,
but in the interior of Belait District, in the Sungai Ingei Protection
Forest, during 2 - 9th March the Project team saw very heavy flowering of
Shorea albida in kerapa/peat swamp forest, fallen flowers covering the
ground. There also seemed to be a web of fungal hyphae spread at ground
surface, overall. I have pictures of fallen flowers, as (I believe) does
Stephen Hogg

Gathorne Cranbrook

Great Glemham House

SAXMUNDHAM IP17 1LP