[Mastwatch] Shorea albida

Mark Leighton markleighton9 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 22 08:09:38 PDT 2014

Dear Ferry,
I think not all peat swamps are the same or follow the same pattern.  For at least the period 1983-2000, the common peat  species at Gunung Palung, Shorea uliginosa, never flowered, despite being represented by many very large trees.  Cam Webb or Andy Marshall might have observations since 2000.  Peat at our research site was shallow, a meter deep or so...
Very long masting cycles that vary by species and productivity?
best regards, Mark Leighton