[Mastwatch] Shorea albida

Mark Leighton markleighton9 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 22 17:14:37 PDT 2014

Ferry,
that's exactly the same for GP--- I recall plotting the dbh class frequency distributions some years ago for our peat Shorea, and amazingly, they formed cohorts with spaced dbh peaks 10-15 cm apart... I was shocked as this indicated recruitment might be what--- every 30, 40 years, given the expected slow growth rates?
fascinating... Mark