[Mastwatch] Shorea albida

Ferry Slik ferryslik at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 24 06:55:16 PDT 2014

Yes, it has been dry for the last month, but the month before that was exceptionally wet, with many places of Brunei flooded for several weeks!

I will take a better look in these peat swamps. Last time was actually my first visit to a peat swamp ever. We stopped along the water pipeline road and only went in about a hundred meters..... I noticed that there were no small trees because I wanted to take some pictures of the Shorea, so in the end I just collected some fallen leaves and flowers and took some pictures....

Regards,

Ferry Slik
Associate Professor
Faculty of Science
Universiti Brunei Darussalam,
Jln Tungku Link, Gadong, BE1410, Brunei Darussalam.

Website

http://www.phylodiversity.net/fslik/

Plants of Southeast Asia
http://www.asianplant.net