[Mastwatch] Gunung Palung flowers

Gabriella Fredriksson gabriella.fredriksson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 23:05:20 PDT 2015

Hi Cam,

I was in the forest in Sungai Wain, East Kalimantan in May this year,
with the whole forest floor covered in seedlings of various species of
Dipterocarpaceae. Some fruits/seeds still relatively fresh on the ground
[Dipterocarpus cornutus].

I will ask the field staff if there are any signs of renewed flowering.

It has been very dry for some time in Kaltim, though with some patches
of rain in mid August, but getting ready for longer drought and fire
prevention.

Best Gabriella