[Mastwatch] Help with characterisation of wing morphology of "helicopter" seeds/fruits at dispersal.

Andreas Carlson acarlson at math.uio.no
Fri Oct 6 09:42:22 PDT 2017

Dear all,

We are looking for images and/or data of the wing shape/morphology of helicopter seeds/fruits near the time they are released from the tree. We would be very thankful for any help with images, references or where we could access this type of information. In addition, we are looking for data about the rotational frequency of this class of seeds if anyone knows if this data can be accessed.

Some types we are looking for, but not limited to;
Astronium graveolens (Anacardiaceae)
Cordia alliodora (Boraginaceae)
Triplaris cumingiana (Polygonaceae)
Dipterocarpus grandiflorus