[Mastwatch] West Kal Mast

art blundell artblundell at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 14:45:33 PST 2019

That’s great news — i hope some there’s seedlings as a result!

If any of the students are ever interested in extending a time series, i’ve got all the data still from 25 yrs ago for a bunch of seedling plots at 3 distances from trees of 4 spp of Shorea.  It is a relatively easy sampling design, and it would be cool to compare the density of seedlings from the recent mast (i suspect they’ll be obvious — cotyledon leaves, height, fresh leaves, etc) to the density of existing seedlings

https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Distance-dependence-in-herbivory-and-foliar-for-in-Blundell-Peart/8079c75126d4a3633beb90122e66edb5a3a3781d

Anyway, more importantly, happy Mardi Gras.  The party is in full swing down here.  Honestly if you’re here you can’t believe it isn’t on the news every night everywhere.