[Mastwatch] West Kal Mast

Katharine Pearce katharinegeorgina at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 25 05:52:43 PDT 2019

 Dear Mastwatchers,
very late in the day to state that there was reportedly a heavy fruiting of Engkabang (Shorea macrophylla) fruits in the Lundu area of Sarawak early this year (Jan/Feb). They are selling engkabang 'margarine' in Sibu market, apparently. Also I heard that there were several dipterocarp species fruiting in Kubah National Park. However, nothing doing on the Dryobalanops rappa  at Stutong Forest Park.
Peter Boyce has more first hand information for Sarawak, so I have cc'd him here.
Warm regards to all
Kit Pearce