[Mastwatch] West Kal Mast

Siew Te Wong wongsiew at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 25 09:38:04 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I met the Sarawak delegates from Sarawak Forestry Department last week at the Heart of Borneo conference in KK. They are selling the Engkabang butter from this year's harvest. Looks like a good masting year in Sarawak.

Here are the locations during Jan-Feb 2019 engkabang harvest:

  *   Ulu Mujok, Jalau, Sarikei  -
  *   Ulu Engkari, Lubok Antu, Batang Ai
  *   Kanowit
  *

They mentioned that they are expecting fruiting at Ulu Baram, and Miri area during April and above.

Here in Sepilok Forest Reserve, Sandakan, Sabah, many trees started to flowers. I expect next month will the flowering peak and July-August is the fruiting peak.

Attached with some photos of the engkabang harvesting in Sarawak.

Thank you.

Kindest regards,

Wong

Dr (Hon) Wong Siew Te, D.J.N.

×¼Äö½üSÐÞµÂÈÙÓþ²©Ê¿
C.E.O. and Founder,

Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre
email: wongsiew at hotmail.com<mailto:wongsiew at hotmail.com>

skype: wongsiew

Cell: 016-555 1256

http://www.bsbcc.org.my/
https://www.facebook.com/sunbear.bsbcc

http://www.youtube.com/user/BSBCC

http://twitter.com/BSBCC_SunBear

"May all beings be happy, joyful, well, & at safety & peace!"