[Mastwatch] Brunei masting

Ferry Slik ferryslik at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 13 19:03:20 PDT 2019

Dear all,

I just came back from Andulau forest reserve yesterday and the whole forest floor is covered in dipterocarp fruits (many different species and genera) as well as many other fruits (Artocarpus, Mangifera, Fagaceae, Malvaceae, etc...). Most of the seedlings are already germinating..... So it looks like we had a good masting year in Brunei. We also bumped into a group of pigs, who worridly ran away, as did we 😉

Regards,

Ferry Slik
Associate Professor & Curator of the UBD Herbarium
Faculty of Science
Universiti Brunei Darussalam,
Jln Tungku Link, Gadong, BE1410, Brunei Darussalam.

Website
http://www.phylodiversity.net/fslik/
http://expert.ubd.edu.bn/profiles/johan.slik.php

Plants of Southeast Asia