[Mastwatch] Brunei masting

Burslem, Dr David F. R. P. (School of Biological Sciences) d.burslem at abdn.ac.uk
Mon Oct 14 00:24:49 PDT 2019

There was also a big masting in Danum Valley in Sabah and we’re capturing recruitment on seedling plots on the 50-ha plot and in adjacent logged forest. Is that kind of study happening anywhere else?

David

From: Mastwatch <mastwatch-bounces at lists.phylodiversity.net> On Behalf Of Mikaail Kavanagh
Sent: 14 October 2019 04:08
To: Ferry Slik <ferryslik at hotmail.com>
Cc: mastwatch at lists.phylodiversity.net
Subject: Re: [Mastwatch] Brunei masting

Great!  Sound like a nice experience, even if it did make hearts beat faster - for the pigs as well as your party!

Cheers,

Mike

Dato’ Dr Mikaail Kavanagh, MBE
Mobile:  +6012 267 5775
Office:   +603 6203 3138
Email: dmikekav at gmail.com<mailto:dmikekav at gmail.com>
Office:  Suite A-06-06
  Plaza Mont Kiara,  2 Jalan Kiara
  50480  Kuala Lumpur,   Malaysia

On 14 Oct 2019, at 10:03 AM, Ferry Slik <ferryslik at hotmail.com<mailto:ferryslik at hotmail.com>> wrote:

Dear all,

I just came back from Andulau forest reserve yesterday and the whole forest floor is covered in dipterocarp fruits (many different species and genera) as well as many other fruits (Artocarpus, Mangifera, Fagaceae, Malvaceae, etc...). Most of the seedlings are already germinating..... So it looks like we had a good masting year in Brunei. We also bumped into a group of pigs, who worridly ran away, as did we 😉

Regards,

Ferry Slik
Associate Professor & Curator of the UBD Herbarium
Faculty of Science
Universiti Brunei Darussalam,
Jln Tungku Link, Gadong, BE1410, Brunei Darussalam.

Website
http://www.phylodiversity.net/fslik/
http://expert.ubd.edu.bn/profiles/johan.slik.php

Plants of Southeast Asia
http://www.asianplant.net<http://www.asianplant.net/>

Asian plant species synonym website
http://www.phylodiversity.net/fslik/synonym_lookup.htm

UBD Herbarium website
http://www.ubdherbarium.fos.ubd.edu.bn<http://www.ubdherbarium.fos.ubd.edu.bn/>

Tha Oilthigh Obar Dheathain na charthannas clàraichte ann an Alba, Àir. SC013683.