[Mastwatch] Brunei masting

Tim Laman tim at timlaman.com
Tue Oct 15 20:04:22 PDT 2019

Hi All,

Just down from a brief visit to Cabang Panti Research Site, Gunung Palung.  As you may recall, we had a pretty major masting event with a large portion of Shorea fruiting early this year.  But few if any Dipterocarpus fruited then.  Now I can report a mass flowering of Dipterocarpus sublamellatus going on, and a few scattered Shorea in bloom as well.  Durians in the forest and village are also in flower among other species.  Looks like another high fruit period ahead.

All best,
Tim