[phylocom-user] Reference tree for Phylomatic

saikari keitele saikari78 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 04:37:43 PDT 2009

Hi,
I've been looking at the documentation of Phylocom and it seems incredibly
interesting.
My aim is to use it to construct phylogenetic trees and calculate diversity
statistics from species occurrence data in different geographic regions.So,
I have a list of species names with abundance information (number of
occurrences) and would like to use Phylomatic to construct a tree. The
Phylomatic documentation mentions that a reference tree is needed and
different examples of megatrees (
http://svn.phylodiversity.net/tot/megatrees/) are given for this. However,
they apply only (I think) to trees and plants. My data includes other kinds
of organisms. Do you know any other downloadable reference trees that
include the whole taxonomy?

Thank you very much.

Saikari