[phylocom-user] icomdist in R

Nicola van Wilgen nvanwilgen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 12:19:44 PDT 2009

Dear phylocom list users

I would like to know whether the function "icomdist" which is available
in phylocom is also available under the package 'picante' in R? I can't
seem to find it. There is a function 'comdist', but this gives a
different output from the one I am interested in.

I would appreciate it if anyone could give me some advice on this.
Perhaps there are a number of other functions which together can give a
simialr output to icomdist.

Many thanks!

Nicola

"icomdist
Outputs the mean pairwise distance matrix between each taxon and all
members of other samples. In the output, AV refers to mean distance, NN
refers to mean nearest neighbor distance."