[phylocom-user] phylocom query

navendu page navendu.page at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 22:03:09 PST 2009

Hi,
                    Let me introduce myself. My name is Navendu Page and I
am a PhD student studying in Center for Ecological Sciences, Indian
Institute of Science, India. I wanted to calculate measures of phylogenetic
community structure using my woody plant data from Western Ghats. However I
am having problems running the program and I therefore seek your help.

This is what I have done so far
I have the phylogeny obtained from the online version of phylomatic
I have saved the output as text file in the same directory as the executable
file

Now every time I want to run this command: $ phylocom comstruct >
results.txt
it gives me an error saying cannot open file and subsequently the contents
of the file are lost.

I have read the instructions in the manual, however i just cant figure what
I am doing wrong

Could you please tell what I could be possibly doing wrong, or if its a
right command for calculating the measures of community relatedness.

Thanking You,
Regards
Navendu