[phylocom-user] recommended megatree

Ken Whitney kwhitney at rice.edu
Sat Oct 17 13:49:54 PDT 2009

Hi all,

for analyses of angiosperms using Phylomatic/Phylocom, which megatree is
recommended as the best/most current?  I've noted that different
publications in the same year use different trees, e.g. two 2007 papers
(Valiente-Banuet & Verdu Ecol. Lett., Gilbert & Webb PNAS) used
R20050610.new and the Davies et al. 2004 tree, respectively.

A related question: is there information available for the list of trees
at http://svn.phylodiversity.net/tot/megatrees/ that would help
distinguish the trees?

I'm looking for a tree that has named internal nodes so that I can a)
add some within-family resolution in Mesquite and then b) run bladj on
it to get branch lengths.

Many thanks,
Ken

--