[phylocom-user] Terminal taxon error

Steven Kembel steve.kembel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 10:49:35 PST 2012

Hi Navendu,
that error occurs when you have a sample file (community data) that contains species that are not present in your phylogeny file, and you are running a function that requires both a sample and phylogeny file to be specified. From the error message you received it looks like perhaps you do not have a sample file and the default phylocom sample file is being used (that file contains species with names like sp1, sp2, etc.). See the phylocom documentation for an example of how the sample file should be formatted.
You can specify a sample file using the -s argument in phylocom. So for example you might try something like this:
phylocom comstruct -f myphylo -s mysample

-Steve