[phylocom-user] Ultrametric vs non-ultrametric input tree

Miguel Angel Fernández elmagodelabahia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 04:35:09 PDT 2013

Hello there.

I am very new at using PHYLOCOM and so, I am not very familiar with what
different inputs should produced.

I want to use the 'comstruct' option. I have a tree (phylo) file and a
'sample' file to run this option. My question is what would happen if a use
the 'phylo' file as a non-ultrametric NEWICK file. As far as I am concern,
'comstruct' will work, but the results will be different if I use a
ultrametric tree?

How can I construct a ultrametric tree from my NEWICK? Would It be possible
to change the format of the tree by only using $ phylocom bladj??

Thanks a lot
MA