[phylocom-user] Problem Generating Family level phylogeny

Ana Aldana anaaldana at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 19:08:25 PDT 2014

Hello All,

I have a list of 88 plant families for which I wish to create a phylogeny. But either using the online version of phylomatic or the downloaded version, the produced phylogeny always lacks 12 families, most of which are very diverse families (ie. Fabaceae). When I do the same procedure with the list of all the genera in my dataset (belonging to those 88 families) the resulting phylogeny is complete. So I wonder if it is impossible to produce the phylogeny I want, or maybe I am making a mistake in the way I introduce the data.

Attached are the files I have been using.

Thank you all for your time and help!

Regards,

Ana M. Aldana