[phylocom-user] FW: Phylocom Problem - nodesig and nodesigl

Astrid Henz Ryen astrid.ryen at fkog.uu.se
Mon May 22 05:01:55 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I am using the commands nodesig and nodesigl to calculate some "hotnodes".
I have some test files to learn how to do it and discovered that I get different results regarding the marked nodes.

I found this post from a few years ago "Phylocom Problem” (Jul 2013) - a similar problem apparently. Has there been an answer or was the problem solved?

Otherwise, I have some simple test files that give me the following:
When I run the command nodesig (in the shell), the resulting nexus file has 7 nodes that are marked [%note = 'string:SIGMORE']. The command nodesigl gives me the table where significant nodes are marked with "+". However, in the table, there are only 6 nodes marked with "+" - so one node signal less!

With other data I also encountered the opposite: the nexus file has less nodes marked with  [%note = 'string:SIGMORE’] and the table from nodesigl has more nodes marked with “+”.

So what could be the problem? The numbers should match, or do [%note = 'string:SIGMORE’] and “+” actually mean different things?
Appended you will find my test files.

Thank you in advance!

Astrid